Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
We are excited to continue the District’s Digital Learning and One-to-One Device Initiative. With the start of the 2021-2022 school year all students K-12 will have a device issued to them (iPads to students in grade K-3, and Windows laptops with touchscreen to students in grades 4 through 12). Devices were collected at the end of the 2021 school year in order to inspect hardware and install necessary updates prior to the start of classes.
Please carefully review the below information and complete the linked forms as applicable, to obtain your assigned device.
You will need to know your child’s student ID number to complete the student registration process. If you have your email address setup for notifications in the District’s Infinite Campus system, you should have received this information via a form letter email or from your building office if newly registering.
1. ALL students in grades K-12 will need to be registered through our insurance site, where parents and guardians will need to either accept or decline insurance for their student’s device for the current year. This should be completed prior to your child receiving their device (details below).
2. Middle and high school devices can be picked up at Hampton High School prior to the start of classes, by signing up here for one of available time slots on Tuesday, August 17, Wednesday, August 18, or Thursday, August 19. If you cannot pick up the device on one of these days, please note the need to make alternate arrangements at the end of the sign up form. Please bring the signed computer use agreement and complete your device registration/insurance decision prior to picking up the device. Insurance registration stations will be available at the time of device pickup, but it is recommended that this be completed prior to arrival to ensure a fast and efficient process.
3. High School students only: The District offers an optional Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, as an alternative to accepting the District assigned device. If you are interested in this option, please review the BYOD details and requirements and submit the referenced form on this information page to confirm your decision with the District. A signed copy of the District Computer User Agreement is still required, as is adherence to the rules outlined in the High School Student Handbook and District policies.
4. Elementary students will receive their devices in class on the first day of school. Parents should complete the device registration and insurance decision prior to August 31, 2021.
5. Students attending the Hampton Online Academy are assigned the same devices as other students based on grade level and as with other high school students can elect to use their own device if it meets or exceeds program device requirements.
Students should routinely bring their charged devices to school each day.
The 2021-2022 One2One Risk registration window is open until August 31, 2021 and continues to be open throughout the year for any new students.
Please click on THIS LINK and follow the step-by-step instructions in order to (1) register your child’s device, and (2) either accept or decline insurance. If you need technical assistance with any of these items, please contact Jen Hearn at (412) 492-6340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions and additional details is available HERE; however, if you have any general questions, please feel free to contact your building principal.
Please review our important Board Policies related to technology:
- Board Policy #237- Acceptable Use of Personal Technology Resources, Board Policy #249- Bullying (including Cyberbullying), Board Policy #815- Acceptable Use of Internet, Board Policy #815.1- Technology, Board Policy #815.2- Computer Use, and Board Policy #224 Care of School Property.
- If technology assistance is needed, please see our Help Desk for how to obtain assistance.
Thank you for your prompt attention to device registration, insurance decisions and pick-up scheduling.