Skip To Main Content

Free and Reduced FAQ's

Free and Reduced FAQs

Q:  Must I complete an application for each child?
A:  No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to:  Lisa Easley, 4591 School Drive, Allison Park, PA 15101.

Q:  Who can get free meals?
A:  Children who reside within a household who's total income is within the federal income guidelines and/or those who are receiving food stamps, TANF or are in foster care.

Q:  Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals?
A:  Please call Lisa Easley at 412-492-6313 to find out if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not already been informed that they will get free meals.

Q:  Who can get reduced price meals?
A:  Your child(ren) can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, which is shown on this application.

Q:  Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals?
A:  Please read the letter you received and carefully follow the instructions.  Call Ms. Easley at 412-492-6313 if you have questions.

Q:  I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Q:  Will the information I provide be checked?
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

Q:  If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving Food Stamps or TANF.  If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals. 

Q:  What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
You should talk to your school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing Lisa Easley, 412-492-6313, Hampton Township School District, 4591 School Drive, Allison Park, PA 15101.

Q:  May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Q:  Who should I include as members of my household?
You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends).  You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

Q:  What if my income is not always the same?
List the amount that you normally get.  For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only occasionally.

Q:  We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income?
If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.  All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

If you have other questions or need help, call 412-492-6313.