Hampton Township School District Actions
- During the ten-day closure, Hampton Township School District will be providing a continuation of the Free and Reduced Breakfast/Lunch program. Families that have qualified for this program will have the opportunity to receive grab-and-go lunch/breakfast offerings for their children. This service will start Monday, March 16th, and will continue during the closure. Parents may “drive-through” at Hampton High School and pick up outside of the cafeteria doors just before the Remembrance Garden. Families should remain in the car, and our staff will deliver to you. Curbside pick-up time is from 11:30 AM until 1:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We may adjust the time to pick up as we evaluate the needs of our families.
- On Monday, March 16, limited access to buildings will be provided, if absolutely necessary, during the below times to allow students/parents the opportunity to get materials from their lockers, pick up supplies for projects they may be working on in some of their classes, and to retrieve personal items that may have been left behind on Thursday (coats, personal devices, books, etc.). Middle and High School from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Elementary Buildings from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Governor Wolf has ordered a ten-day closure of all Pennsylvania schools.
- Hampton Township School District will be closed from 3/16 - 3/30.
- All after school clubs and activities, field trips, sport practices and games, and District-hosted events are postponed. We will work with appropriate groups on specific details.
- Flexible Instructional Days (FID) will be enacted starting 3/17 and will continue until further notice.
- All district approved out-of-state trips that involve our students and staff are canceled for the next 30 days. Additional information from the trip sponsors and coaches will be forthcoming. An extension of this travel restriction will be considered as additional information becomes available.
- The SAT testing that has been scheduled at the High school on Saturday, March 14th has been postponed. We are working with the college board to reschedule this event.
- We have canceled a regional PMEA music event scheduled for March 13 and 14 to take place at Hampton Middle School. We hope to reschedule this event if possible.
- Our custodial team will be working diligently during the teacher professional development day to conduct an intensive cleaning and sanitizing of our schools.
- Hampton School District cleaning supplies all meet CDC requirements and are in good supply.
- In addition to our regular, thorough cleaning, custodians are using extra care to wipe-down high contact surfaces daily, including door handles, everyday use keypads, and shared computer labs/keyboards.
- Our foodservice and transportation partners are taking additional steps to enhance the cleaning of high traffic areas in our kitchens, food service areas, and on our school buses.
- Good hygiene is being reinforced with all students and staff. Handwashing posters were hung in the elementary bathrooms. Hampton Middle School and the elementary schools created videos on handwashing for the students to view.
- Should the district decide to close, we expect to implement our Flexible Instruction Day (FID) procedures and notify families through normal emergency channels.