The following documents are mandatory components for any candidate to be recommended for employment:
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance – use this link to apply online or this link to download the free form for printing and mailing.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance – use this link to apply online or this link to download the form for printing and mailing.
- FBI Background Check – use this link to begin the application process. The Pennsylvania Department of Education has partnered with IDEMIA to provide a secure capture transmission of applicant fingerprints at IndentoGO Centers, which are located throughout the state. Additional information for this process can be found here. To begin the fingerprinting registration process, please follow these steps:
- Enter the service code for Pennsylvania school district employees. The code is 1KG6XN. Before proceeding, ensure the top of the web page says "PDE School Districts."
- Complete the online registration process.
- Following online registration, use the code provided during the registration process and report to an IdentoGO fingerprinting facility. Facilities and hours of operation can be found online here.
Act 168 Disclosure Release - for all new applicants, you must complete this required Act 168 Disclosure Release prior to employment.