The following is a list of resources parents may find helpful as part of the digital transformation:
District Digital Transformation Vision (PPT)
*This PPT was presented as part of the Superintendent's Coffees for parents on the digital transformation.
Distribution Dates and Information Nights - NEW
Students in grades 2, 4, 7 and 9 will receive devices during the initial year of the Student Device Initiative. Informational sessions are planned prior to official distribution dates.
The Parent Information Nights are optional and will address how and where the distribution will take place, information about how and why to purchase device insurance, what the insurance will cover, FAQs, etc. This information will also be shared directly with parents through email, and will be available on the District’s website.
Elementary Parent Information Night:
- Tuesday, September 19; 7-8 pm at Central Elementary School, or
- Tuesday, September 26; 7-8 pm at Central Elementary School
Middle School and High School Parent Information Night:
- Thursday, September 28; 7-8 pm at Hampton High School
The Device Distribution Nights will be the time and place where the devices for students in grades 4, 7, and 9 are distributed to the parents to take home, charge, and send back to school with their students.
Students may attend with the parents but are not required to do so. In the days after the distribution, we will have a hands-on orientation at school for the students to learn more about their devices.
- Poff Elementary School (Grade 4): Monday, October 23 at Poff, anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm
- Wyland Elementary School (Grade 4): Tuesday, October 24 at Wyland, anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm
- Central Elementary School (Grade 4): Wednesday, October 25 at Central, anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm
- Hampton Middle School (Grade 7): Thursday, October 26 at HMS Cafeteria, anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm
- Hampton High School (Grade 9): Monday, October 30 at HHS Cafeteria, anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm
Research and Helpful Websites on Digital Devices/Technology Usage in the Classroom:
Common Sense Media
Fred Rogers Center - Digital Media and Learning
American Academy of Pediatrics
Media and Young Minds
Project Red Report
Media Use in School
Technology in Early Education (NAEYC)
Internet Safety and Cyberbulling Resources, Curriculum and Research Information
A comprehensive list of safety guidelines, resources, curriculum and research information compiled by the HTSD Technology office is available here.