2018-2019 Testing Schedule
PSSA English Language Arts
| April 20-24, 2020 |
| April 27-May 1, 2020|| 6,7,8 |
April 27-May 1, 2020
May 11-22, 2020
All Students Currently enrolled in a full year Algebra I Course
Study Skills: TestsTest Taking TipsHelp Your Child Improve in Test Taking
What test taking tips have been proven successful?
Mr. Jeffrey Wegmann
The following test taking tips are for LEAP 21 but can be generalized for all
1. Attempt to answer ALL of the questions and DO NOT leave any blanks.
2. Use time wisely. If you get stuck on a question, make the best guess rather than leaving a space blank.
3. Get a solid good night's sleep before the test. Being well-rested will sharpen the mind and aid your memory. Eat a good breakfast the morning of the test.
4. Try to make the morning of the test a pleasant one. Avoid stress.
5. Get to school on time the day of the test.
6. Listen carefully to the instructions from the teacher, and read the directions to each question carefully. Be sure you understand exactly what you have to do for each part of the test.
7. Look for key words in test directions and questions such as: choose, describe, explain, compare, identify, similar, except, not, and but.
8. Read each question carefully and think before you answer. Be sure that you understand the question before you start to compare answer choices. Look at ALL answer choices and choose the best and most complete answer. If you're not sure which answer is correct, eliminate choices that you know are incorrect. Then focus on the remaining choices.
9. A word of caution about changing answers -- usually your first choice is correct. If you have to change an answer, be sure to erase completely.
10. Stay focused on the test, even if other students finish early. Don't get distracted.