You have 1 PagePop. View
Athletics Awards and Achievements
- Boys’ Basketball player Ryan Luther scored his 1,000th point and was named to the Post-Gazette’s “Fab 5,” the all WPIAL and all Section.
- Wrestler Jake Hart won the 196-pound WPIAL and PIAA Wrestling Championship and was named Outstanding Wrestler at the WPIAL Championships. He also won at the national level in his weight class.
- The Boys’ Baseball team was the WPIAL AAA Section 5 Champion.
- The Girls Track and Field team was the AA WPIAL Section 4 Champion.
- The Girls’ Basketball team was the WPIAL AAA Section 1 Champion.
- The Boys’ Basketball team played in the WPIAL Championship and earned a Silver Medal.
- Gina Alm finished first in the 800-meter run at the TSTCA Indoor Track and Field Championships, second place at the WPIAL Championships and fifth at the PIAA Championships.
- Amanda Spencer finished in second place at the WPIAL Track and Field Championships in the 300 hurdles.
- Jake Adams finished first at the WPIAL Track and Field Championships in the high jump.
- Christine McGrath was named to the Girls’ Lacrosse All-Section and All WPIAL team.
- The following Hampton Girls’ Lacrosse team members made the U.S. Lacrosse Academic All American team: Allison Lang, Christine McGrath, Brianna Intrieri, Halli Larkin and Gabrielle Scherer.
- The following were inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame: Kate Pinta Underwood, Adrienne Love, Casey Campbell, Dr. Ken Scholtz, Kristen Burke Greentree, Diane Vitunic, and Frances “Bud” West.
- Andy DeMichiei was named a U.S. Lacrosse All American and an Academic All American. He also was named All Section and All WPIAL. He scored over 300 career points.
- Hampton won its third Sportsmanship Award.