Welcome to Second Grade!
School and Classroom Information Guide
- All visitors are asked to enter the building through the main entrance and report to the office.
- State law requires a written excuse for absence or tardiness. Please send an excuse as soon as your child returns to school, even if you have called the office to report the absence. Parents are required to submit an “Educational Travel” form prior to a vacation if a trip is planned while school is in session. This form is available on the "Parent Printables" link on this website for your convenience.
- Notes are required whenever a change is made in the way your child is to be dismissed from school. This includes riding a different bus, getting picked up, or going home with a friend.
Special Events and Miscellaneous Classroom Information
- Throughout the year, there will be many special activities planned to enrich the second grade curriculum and provide a variety of educational experiences. These include guest speakers, videos, assemblies, and field trips. As each event approaches, you will receive more details.
- Each child will need an art shirt and a box of tissues for our classroom supply. We are also requesting antibacterial wipes.
- We will have a snack each morning. Please send a small healthy snack with your child each day. No candy will be permitted. Thanks for your cooperation.
- We would love to help your child celebrate his/her birthday. Please refer to the district website (link below) for options to honor this special day. Note that we currently have 23 children in the class. Summer birthdays will be celebrated later in the year.
- Book orders will be available this year and are optional. If you choose to place an order, please do not send cash. A personal check payable to the book company is required.
- We will participate in a monthly "I PICK" Book project program to encourage independent reading. Each monthly project will be worth 10 reading points.
- All written assessments will be sent home for your review. Please sign all test packets and return them to school.
Our special class schedule is:
Monday – Library
Wednesday- Music and Phys Ed
Thursday- Music and Phys Ed
You may contact me by phone at Poff at 412-486-6000,
ext. 4001 or by e-mail at adamsm@HT-SD.ORG
There are no events to display.