Grade 4 Band
30 Minutes, once a week
Major concepts to be studied include:
- Set-up and care of instrument
- Proper posture, breathing and embouchure
- Rehearsal and performance procedures
- Basic expression
- Repertoire will be developed from concepts studied in Vocal Music class and chosen to enhance cross-curricular connections
- Rehearsals will culminate in at least two public performances each school year.
Hampton's comprehensive music education program encourages students to explore music through a standards-based curriculum.
While this course does not receive a formal grade, formative assessments are given based on the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for the Arts and Humanities that include performance, historical and cultural contexts, and critical and aesthetic response. Further information can be found at: www.pde.state.pa.us/stateboard_ed/lib/stateboard_ed/pdfarts.pdf