The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to this virus. These everyday preventive actions are adapted from the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around people who don’t live with you. Masks work best when everyone wears one.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others.
- Avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- Avoid unventilated indoor spaces. If indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors.
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 when it’s your turn.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.