Teaching Position Descriptions
Hampton Township School District has several different types of positions for PA Certified teachers. The official job descriptions are located under Employment Opportunities/Job Descriptions; this page is a general summary of our various categories.
1. Day-to-day Substitutes help fill an important role for our District and ensure that our high-quality educational program continues in the event a teacher is absent. We have contracted with the Northern Area Substitute Teacher Service Consortium (NASTSC) so that PA certified teachers and licensed nurses can complete one application and one interview to be eligible to substitute in Hampton Township School District, Avonworth School District, and the North Allegheny School District. If you are interested in applying to be a day-to-day substitute, please access the Day To Day Substitute tab and follow the directions located there.
2. Building Substitutes are employed by the District annually and are assigned to a particular building to ensure that teaching and learning continues in the event of a teacher absence. Building substitutes are invited to attend professional development sessions held throughout the school year and are a very important part of our staff.
3. Long Term Substitutes are employed by the District to fill a vacancy which is anticipated to last 45 days or more in a single position. These positions are advertised on our Employment page when they become available. Applicants who are interested in Long Term Substitute positions are encouraged to check the Employment page often as new positions are posted throughout the school year.
4. Academic Support teachers are employed by the District to provide additional content support for high school students in English, Algebra, and Biology. These positions require a PA certification in one of these content areas.
4. Contracted Teachers are employed by the District to fill contracted positions which are posted on the Employment page on the District's website.