Hampton Township School District once again has been ranked in fourth place among 105 regional public school districts and seventh in the State, according to the Pittsburgh Business Times (PBT) 2012 Guide to Western Pennsylvania’s School Districts.
Additionally, Central Elementary School third grade is ranked number one in Western Pennsylvania among third grade testing scores. It was compared with 321 other local schools within 105 school districts. A special story, featuring Central’s success, appears in the Guide.
Other District rankings, per grade level, are:
- 11th grade rank: number 4 (out of 122 Western PA schools)
- 8th grade rank: number 4 (out of 147 Western PA schools)
- 7th grade rank: number 6 (out of 149 Western PA schools)
- 6th grade rank: number 3 (out of 197 Western PA schools)
- 5th grade rank: number 6 (out of 279 Western PA schools)
- 4th grade rank: number 2 (out of 306 Western PA schools)
- 3rd grade rank: number 1 (out of 321 Western PA schools)
The formula PBT uses to reach these results takes into account three years of PSSA overall test scores in math, reading, writing and science. The Overachiever rank – which takes into account a district’s economics – does not factor into the overall Honor Roll score.
The 2012 Guide to Western Pennsylvania Schools rates the academic performance of school districts and schools within a seven-county area. It includes information on all public school, charter schools and private schools operating in the region, as well as statewide rankings at the district level.