The Hampton Township School District has launched a Community Education Program and is offering several courses for the Spring 2017 session. Classes are geared toward individuals age 15 and older and cover a variety of topics. Courses being offered for the Spring session
- Algebra for Adults - Algebra is often considered a gatekeeper that can prevent people from realizing career ambitions, even when their goals have nothing to do with mathematics. This course is designed for community members who need help passing a college Algebra class, or preparing to get their GED, or for those parents in the community who wish to understand the subject so as to assist with their children's success in the course at school.
- Beauty in a Vase - Come and celebrate the arrival of Mother's Day by creating a beautiful multi-colored floral arrangement for yourself or for that special someone in your life. Vases and flowers for an arrangement will be provided. Please bring a set of clippers for use during the class.
- Centerpiece Flower Arranging - If you are planning to entertain this season, beautiful floral centerpieces can create a warm and inviting look. This hands-on workshop will enable participants to create and take home a special long and low centerpiece that can be replicated with different floral colors. Please bring a set of clippers for use during the class.
- Read it Before you Eat it - Learn how to use the nutrition facts label to make informed decisions on how to fuel your body. Discover how to use the nutrition label to compare food products and select products with the best nutritional value.
- Resume 101 (2 sessions) - If you are ready for a new job and want to dust off or recreate your resume, this course is for you. Spend some time analyzing strong resumes and find the style and wording that fits your professional objective. Cover letters will also be addressed if time and interest permit.
- Social Media 101 (2 sessions) - Has Twitter tweaked your interest? Do you wish to reconnect with friends and family on Facebook? Bring your own device and come to this class to learn about Twitter and Facebook, set up your own accounts, and find out how best to protect yourself while online. This one time, 2-hour class is perfect for the not so tech savvy who wish to get started. Please bring your own device!
A printable brochure, complete with registration form, is available here
. To register, print the brochure, select your courses and mail the completed form and payment to: Baierl Family YMCA, Attn: Michelle, 2565 Nicholson Road, Sewickley, PA 15143. Checks should be made payable to the Baierl Family YMCA.